Titbits of Social Media | SocialExcerpts
Titbits of Social Media Oct 18
Let us share some random bits on social media. Few things we collected while browsing through Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Google+. But keep in mind social media is ever evolving and adapts to new challengers, such as Tent, Path, App.net etc.
- It is nearly impossible for any post to go viral on LinkedIn because the post doesn’t really appear on your connection’s homepage.
- There is a way to send tweets to Facebook and vice versa; but no way for tweets to be displayed on LinkedIn automatically.
- While Facebook and Twitter allows a post to be deleted via API, LinkedIn has hiccups about that. It doesn’t allow post to be deleted via API.
- While LinkedIn and Twitter supports private message via API, Facebook doesn’t do so. Facebook allows you to send emails.
- Facebook, Google+ and LinkedIn require you to create an account with real names but you can skip Twitter.
- LinkedIn, Google+ and Facebook support follow model (one-way subscription) although it was first popularized by Twitter.
*Image copyright belongs to respective copyright owner*