LinkedIn now offers an open blogging platform to all the users. Ryan Roslansky confirmed the news in his latest post on their official blog.
We believe in giving our members access to the business knowledge they need to be great at what they do. To put that simply, we are making a commitment to our members: the time you spend on LinkedIn will make you better at your job today.
He believes that every LinkedIn member is able to offer great content to the community. This feature will only add an additional channel to showcase their expertise on the biggest professional network.
The valuable Influencer posts and the wide range of professional content from millions of publishers that we currently aggregate on LinkedIn are powerful, but only the tip of the iceberg. Combined, our members have extremely valuable and varied experiences; however, their knowledge and expertise has not yet been captured and shared.
How to publish on LinkedIn:
- Go to your Home Page and Click on the Share an Update box.
- You will see a pencil icon. Once clicked, it will open a writing tool.
- Write the content. Add an image. Hit Publish. And off you go!
- If you cannot see the pencil icon, you might not get the new feature yet. But don’t worry. LinkedIn promised the feature to all its users. You will get it eventually.
Now you may be thinking how this new feature can be beneficial for you or your business? Well, a lot can be done, least to say!
Let’s dig deeper!
1. When you share a blog post on the network, it may not reach out to all your potential audience. Since there is an external link involved, many people pass un-clicking the content.
But with LinkedIn published posts, there is already a ready-made audience. You are sharing your post with your professional network. And there will be no link to an external page as well. So, your community will have the benefit to read the complete content without leaving the platform.
2. With these LinkedIn posts, you can create targeted content for your potential audiences. As you know who will view your content, you can create your content accordingly, so that it goes well with your targeted demographics.
If you want to target someone or a community specifically, you can toiler the content according to their preference. This is extremely effective for any small businesses.
3. These stories or posts are posted on LinkedIn. They become a part of your professional profile on the network. It also offers a broader opportunity for your content to get discovered by a larger professional network outside your community. This surely enhances the visibility of your blog posts. Moreover, now people can start following you as well.
So to sum up, the new LinkedIn publishing feature gets more traffic to your posts and establishes you as an influener. Earlier, you only could write a few lines or add a link to your post on LinkedIn. But with this new feature, you can write and publish an entire post with attractive images. In 2012, LinkedIn introduced this feature to high profile users. You could read and share the content, if you would follow them. Now this feature is re-launched for you.
Now you too can have your own followers. Now your content may appear on news feeds on LinkedIn as well.